Wednesday 30 October 2013

Lecture 2 - Visual Literacy, The Language of Design

Unfortunately, due to illness, I missed the second COP lecture.
However, the presentation which was used to explain everything to everyone who attended is available to view, so I can still catch up!

Title:
Visual Literacy - The Language of Design.

Based on what I've been told by my classmates, and the presentation available to us online, basically, this lecture was about how we perceive things. E.g. What do you see when you look at an apple? It can have lots of alternative meanings depending on how we look at it, from the actual fruit, to "The Big Apple" referring to New York city (as that's the nickname usually given), and the Apple products created by Steve Jobs!
So they were looking at how advertising can change the way we see things, and how we could influence that...

It's a shame I missed the lecture, but I am developing an understanding about what was said. Hopefully I won't miss any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment