Sunday 22 March 2015

Process of Making the Model Continued


Plasticine application of the breasts
and legs
Continuing on from my previous post, the model is starting to look more established.

After finishing the torso, I could add more plasticine to get the right leg shapes. The two are very different in the drawing, which I believe I have portrayed fairly-well in my model. Having said that, looking back at it I could have emphasised the difference between them even more with more plasticine on the left or less plasticine on the right.

The breasts proved to be slightly more difficult to mold; since they both join in the middle so close together it was hard to smooth them both out. However, starting with the right (Barbie's), I could pin point how big it should be, so I could compare and contrast the second breast to look more natural.

Once this was done, I could roll out a head with my remaining plasticine. I decided the easiest way to make it would be to roll out a ball of the right shape, cut it in half, then molded it back together over the wire frame. This turned out to be fairly easy, and it gave me the chance to finish off making the neck so it looks better than previously.

Applying the head and hands
After this it was just the hands and feet left to add. Starting with the hands, since they turned out to be fairly small I decided to create them to look more like mittens with a thumb to indicate the angle of the hand. I think this looks good, because it doesn't detract from the rest of the model, and you can still tell the difference between the two in the general shape.

I decided applying the feet at the end would be easier, since most of the time I had to move the model around to smooth the plasticine out. This way I could put the feet on at the end and stick them to the board, so that it stands in place as it is finished. Adding them on didn't take long and getting the right shape wasn't too hard, but only the flat foot actually stays on the ground.
Addition of the feet

No comments:

Post a Comment