Tuesday 25 February 2014

Possible Idea - The Golden Age of Cartoons

As the title says, I want to base my animation on the chronology of the Golden Age of cartoons.

I think this is a significant time in the animation world, because this is where artists started to realise (inspired from the animations by the Fleischer Brothers, Reynaud, Starewicz and Reiniger) they can combine humour with drawings/stop frame movements; and this time period has seen some significant pieces of animation to inspire future generations into making TV series, feature films and games.

I wrote out a list of all the animations included in the lecture:


Writing it around this circle gives me a better perspective on how much information I want to include in my timeline - and theres a lot in there!

I will experiment and test the spacing of the lines, and work out how much information needs to be included/how big the images should be.
I still need to decide how to include images - should I draw them myself or find images from somewhere else?

I drew some of the characters that I would include in passing:


I think drawing all of these, plus more, will take me too long to make this animation. So to effectively manage my time, I have decided to revert back to my previous idea of using the first inventions to animate with, since there's less information there, and it will make my animation more straight forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment