Saturday 12 December 2015

Final Character Design

After experimenting with various character rigs in Maya, I have decided to use Moom for my final piece. Since Moom is the rig I am most familiar with and due to the time limit left on this project, this seemed to be the smartest option for me.

In my final piece I will be focusing on the animation, and the benefits and drawbacks to each technique. A drawback I have found for Stop Motion so far is that I cannot replicate Moom's character design in plasticine, due to his limbs naturally hovering apart, which is near-impossible in stop motion puppets. If I have time I could alter Moom's design so that the stomach is joint together, which would make it a slightly better comparison, but I think I could settle for using these character alterations here:





No comments:

Post a Comment