Tuesday 15 December 2015

Paperman - Analysis

'Paperman' is one of the first public examples of the capabilities with hybridizing techniques. Combining the traditional concept art drawings with animating in 3D software, I found this to be a beautiful piece of work, my initial thoughts on it are in notes:




What this film has demonstrated for me is the possibility of using this technique in the future; as technology develops, it is becoming increasingly popular to try new methods of animating, which is exactly what has happened at Disney studios.

If I had considered it sooner, I would have allowed myself time to animate in a hybridizing format for my practical work, since I believe this is becoming a relevant technique to use for the future. Though I didn't get chance to animate it, I will at least include a case study of hybrid animation, including an analysis of 'Paperman'.


No comments:

Post a Comment