Wednesday 28 October 2015

History of Animation Timeline

After my second tutorial, I did some research into the history of animation to potentially create a timeline of information, which I can refer to later and display in exhibitions to inform audiences.

I found various timelines that have already been created, they all have some useful information that I could use, which I can combine into my own giant timeline.




As well as these dates, I will look into other significant contributions to the animation industry, which broke boundaries and inspire many people today to pursue their own contributions to society; this includes more stop motion pieces and maybe conferences/festivals where animation has been discussed and celebrated.

Another example of a detailed timeline is on this website: http://joshuamosley.com/UPenn/courses/Ani/AnimationHistory.html which describes some of the points in the photos above, as well as information going as far back as the year 1824.

The website joshuamosley.com

A piece of literature listed on my bibliography will be very useful for drafting out my timeline as well, The World History of Animation.


Once I have gathered all sources of information to one place, I feel I can document a detailed timeline of significant moments in animation history.

2 comments: