Wednesday 14 October 2015

Tutorial 1

The feedback on my ideas and proposal form were generally good, the main issue I am having with it so far is figuring out exactly what my argument is; once I figure out what point I'm trying to make by writing this dissertation then I will be able to narrow it down easily.

Some interesting points were made during the tutorial, including to narrow down my examples to purely animation, rather than visual effects, which means talking about studios such as Laika and Aardman rather than Ray Harryhousen, since a lot of his work is based on visual affects.

It was pointed out that I should also speak to practitioners in the industry, such as Paul Wells, Barry Purves, Aardman, Laika, and small studios too. Not necessarily in person, I could send emails and tweets to get as many responses as I can, without taking up a lot of their time.

After showing my tutor my bibliography, I realised a lot of the books I am referencing from are 'How to' books instead of theoretical. I haven't managed to find many books that are purely about theory yet, but I will explore the Leeds college of Art library in more depth to see what I can find.


No comments:

Post a Comment