Saturday 31 October 2015

Snow White Analysis

'Snow White' was the first ever feature length animation film. This is a significant part of history, and a film that will be included in my dissertation. I decided the best way to analyse it would be to watch it and make notes, so here were my initial thoughts:





Compared to modern films, I found this to be quite slow, with the human characters being quite bland. However I can understand why it was such a phenomenon at the time; the animation of the dwarfs was particularly outstanding. Despite them looking very similar to each other, the emotion that they have been given makes them stand out as individual characters, making the sequences entailing the dwarfs interacting with each other particularly enjoyable.

After reading 'The World History of Animation' for research, it was interesting to find out the colour was toned down and the story cut shorter because the producers weren't sure if audiences would be engaged with an animated story for very long.

Watching it has made me realise that character animation is important, which I will apply to my practical work.


1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing this kind of nice blog and also this blog is will decorated Arena Animation Udaipur

    ReplyDelete