Saturday 9 January 2016

Inspired by Tron

For the CG part of my final piece, I decided to add floating shapes to the surroundings. This should demonstrate the vast environment that Maya can produce, since there is an unlimited space in the computer.

I felt it was needed, since during the sequence in my work the character opens his mouth in awe at the environment within the computer, I realised he needed something to look at.

This idea is inspired by the first animation to use this kind of space within the computer, 'Tron'. I found it during my research into the origins of animation techniques for my dissertation, since John Lasseter (a Pixar director) was inspired by it during it's release.

I hope it will add more to my final piece, and that the audience will at least vaguely understand what is happening.




No comments:

Post a Comment