Wednesday 6 January 2016

3D Animation

To start off my practical work, I decided to animate in Maya first, since it is the least time consuming and all I need to use it is a computer.

So far I have found it enjoyable and relatively straight forward to animate using CGI; however I have been using a character that I've had practice with before and recreating basic movements.



The concept in each stage of this animation is to show the character discovering what's changed about him and playing around in each technique, so I saw this as a chance to add a sense of humour to it. This being his facial expressions, and almost making fun of himself as his stomach bounces.

Getting the small detailed movements can be difficult, since once you put in keyframes the character automatically puts in the in betweens, so sometimes when trying to edit those in betweens it can be difficult to predict how the film's going to turn out.

However using Maya has allowed me to have the freedom to experiment with the principles of animation (particularly squash and stretch with his stomach). This combined with the capabilities to render out a wide variety of scenery has the potential to produce very beautiful pieces of animation.

My next task is to add the camera movement to the final part of this sequence, and create objects in the background to give it depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment