Thursday 14 January 2016

The Final Piece... Evaluation of the Overall Module

Overall I feel I could have done a lot better in this module. My time management was bad, due to personal issues and not allowing myself enough time to complete the practical, this has turned out to be a stressful experience.

The final piece itself turned out how I wanted it to; the transaction between each technique is evident, despite two thirds of it being in animatic form. To improve it I would have spent more time animating the character, creating more images for the animatic to show the actions more clearly. Initially I thought I had timed my animatic quite well, but I didn't realise how long the 3D animation would last, so it would have ended up becoming a much longer film then intended.

After evaluating each technique separately, I found that 3D is the most efficient to use. Stop motion takes a lot of work and detail to set up, so I believe I would have benefitted better working in a team, where more skilled modellers could create the sets for me. Hand drawn animation on paper takes the longest to complete; having to draw the character fresh onto each piece of paper would become repetitive and take longer than necessary. However all of these techniques are still an option, technology is generally the preferred technique to use in the industry at the moment, but one day traditional animation could make a come back.

Looking back over the final piece, I could have added a hybrid section onto the end of the sequence, after the 3D, since my dissertation deciphers that hybridity is becoming a technique of the future. However I have never animated using this method before so it would have been very time consuming.

I had planned my practical to link into my dissertation from the start of the module. Unfortunately, because I haven't finished the practical, I decided not to write about it in my dissertation. Though I have used each technique enough times previously to build up my opinion on them, I decided a vague explanation into my experience with each wouldn't have been enough decisive evidence to conclude my writing with.




No comments:

Post a Comment